February 2020 School Newsletter
Follow SES on Twitter and watch for school photos being tweeted!
- February 5 Read Right & Run 3:25 pm
- February 6 Town Hall Meeting at SES at 6:00 pm in regards to Professional Development
- days next school year.
- February 7 Daughter Dance at 6:00-7:30 pm
- Career Day at SES
- February 10-12 Smencil Sales before school in the lobby
- February 12 Read Right & Run 3:25 pm
- February 13 Mid America Air Force Band visits SES
- Midterm for Quarter 3 - Parents check grades online
- Parent Teacher Conferences 5:00 to 8:00 pm for new families and invite only
- February 14 No School - Teacher Institute Day
- February 17 No School - Presidents Day
- February 19 Read Right & Run 3:25 pm; Pre K and K visit Petting Zoo at MHS
- February 25 Garden Club 3:25 pm
- February 26 Read Right & Run 3:25 pm
- February 27 PTO Meeting at 6:00 pm
- February 28 Dental Safari at SES
A Note From The Principal
Third quarter progress report time is Thursday, Feburary 13th. Please log on to the parent portal in Skyward to access the progress of your child at this time.
We are looking for parent volunteers, retired teachers and others who are interested in tutoring 1 to 3 hours per week at Scott Elementary with first grade students in the area of math in the month of March. Please check out the flier in this newsletter for more information and how you may sign up. Thank you for considering!
As we approach the spring season, we are gearing up for our state testing. In April, students at SES and across Illinois in grades 3, 4 and 5 will complete the state achievement test called The Illinois Assessment of Readiness. All students in grades 3-5 will test between April 13-24. More information will be coming in regards to the tests and schedules in February and March.
Students are working very hard and we know their teachers are preparing them well. Our current and past students have made a tradition of outstanding performance and high standards. We expect that tradition to continue and are excited about the progress we have made thus far.
Important Social Media Information for Parents!
As the popularity of social media continues to grow, we wanted to pass on some important information regarding the app TikTok. A number of students have talked about their unrestricted use of this app which can lead to strangers contacting them, dangerous challenges, or having access to graphic content. Please take a few minutes to read the attached information so that you can be informed of the dangers of the app.
Kids Heart Challenge in PE
This February PE will once again be supporting the Kids Heart Challenge. Formally Jump Rope for Heart, this program focuses on the importance of lifelong health, jumping rope and encouraging students to help raise awareness for the American Heart Association.
More information to come!
February 10th - February 12
8:00 AM - 8:20 AM
No more than 5 smencils cans be purchased at a time.
Quarters and dollar bills only.
Bills larger than $5 cannot be accepted
Congratulations to SES January
Students of the Month
Popsicles With The Principals - January 2020
Character Word for January was ‘Empathy’